Collecting Action Items
- Collecting Action Items
- Action Items In Jira
- Link a Jira issue as an action item
- Create a new Jira ticket as an action item
- Deleting a Jira ticket action item
- Quick Action Items
The Action Items tab is available in the Report section of an opportunity. It provides a place to record remediation and future efforts identified throughout the investigation and learning meeting.
You may link engineering work tickets in the Action Items tab, although action items are not just limited to these. They are the actions you want to take after learning from the incident and each other.
Action items might look like:
- Setting up a meeting to discuss the options for tackling a specific issue
- A project to pull data from incidents involving a piece of legacy code to help prioritize a re-write
- Or a new initiative to get support involved earlier in the product development process.
Action Items In Jira
With our Jira integration you can create new action items in Jira or link existing Jira issues as action items.
Link a Jira issue as an action item
- From the Action Items tab in your opportunity, select ‘Add an action item’ → Link.
- Enter the URL of your Jira issue.
- The Jira issue will be linked to your opportunity and details about the issue will be displayed.
Create a new Jira ticket as an action item
- From the Action Items tab in your opportunity, select ‘Add an action item’ → Create.
- Choose your Jira project and issue type.
- Populate your issue name and optionally, a description.
- The Jira issue will be created, linked to your opportunity and the details of the issue will be displayed.
Deleting a Jira ticket action item
To delete a Jira ticket action item from Jeli, select the three dots menu icon on the right hand side, then select ‘Delete’.
Note: This does not delete the issue in Jira.
Quick Action Items
If there are action items you would like to create and track outside of Jira, we provide a simple and flexible ‘Quick Items’ option. From the Action Items tab in your opportunity, toggle the option for ‘Show Quick Items’
The text field for Action Items is markdown supported, you can even create check boxes to mark off when each action item is complete.
What to know more? Check out: Exporting your Report